ATTENTION: before making a boarding reservation please read this entire page of important information!!
For the pets that need more attention we offer boarding in an actual home. Dogs and cats stay in rooms (bedrooms) inside a home with a/c and heating - and there is acreage for dogs to run and play. This is not your average kennel facility. However, since we do keep multiple dogs at one time they do not have the run of the home. They go outside at least three times during the day for exercise/potty breaks - and socialization if you wish. But we realize not all dogs play well with others, so those dogs would be kept separate from other pets. We accept all sizes and most breeds of dogs. We also board cats and small caged pets. We want to make sure that all boarded animals have the attention they deserve so we only watch a limited number at one time. It is important to book ahead!
To see a tour of the boarding home please go here: The Dog House
Why you should board with us:
1. Pet(s) stay in an actual home with a/c!
2. A large grass yard for dogs to run & play!
3. Pet(s) are not kept in outdoor kennels.
4. Very affordable prices - no extra charges for meds or playtime.
5. A pet family can stay together in same room.
6. We accept most breeds - including Pitbulls, Dobermans & Shepherds (but we do NOT at this time accept Akitas)
7. We will provide text or email updates with pictures!
8. We have insurance and are certified in Pet CPR.
9. We have a permit with Pinal County Animal Control that requires annual inspections and surprise visits throughout the year.
10. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau!
11. Our home is a "smart" home for the safety of your pets - sensors and cameras notify us immediately if anything needs our attention.
Happy clients that have boarded with H & H Pet Services
- $14 a night (24 hrs) for a caged animal like birds, rodents, reptiles, etc...
Add $7 extra a night per additional caged pet
- $20 a night (24 hrs) for 1 cat - $10 extra a night for each additional cat
Cats are kept separate from dogs - unless same family
- $25 a night (24 hrs) for 1 dog - $13 extra a night for each additional dog or cat
- $15 daycare (12 hrs or less) for 1 dog - $7 extra per additional dog
If you have more than 4 pets that need to be boarded - contact us first to see if we can accommodate you.
you have to be the sole owner of ALL pets under a single reservation to
receive the above discounted fee for multiple pets!!
An additional fee may occur on certain Holidays. There may also be additional fees for special needs animals that require more attention and/or medicine.
Rate Discounts are available for boarding ten (10) days or more! However, we are a small facility. So if you need long term boarding (a month or more) - then contact us first to make sure we can accommodate you.
OUR BOARDING RATES ARE CHEAPER THAN OUR COMPETITORS - GUARANTEED!
Hours for dropping off and picking up: since this is a private home there are specific hours clients can come which must be made by appointment. Hours are from 5:30am - 10:00am and 4:00pm - 10:30pm (that includes Sundays & Holidays!) - clients cannot come from 10:30am to 3:30pm - even if they return to town during those times.
Important: Veterinary proof of shot records are required for all dogs & cats to board. For dogs need current parvo/distemper combo, rabies, and bordetella. Regarding rabies - we will need the actual certificate that shows the manufacturer and serial number of vaccine. For cats need current FVRCP and rabies.
We will also accept proof of shots provided by a low cost vaccine
clinic. We WILL NOT accept pets that have been vaccinated by a
breeder or their owners. Paperwork needs to show the name of vet clinic (using their letterhead),
current owner's name (needs to match name on boarding
reservation/questionnaire), pet's name, and expiration dates
of each vaccine - dates vaccines were given are not enough as vaccines
can expire anywhere from 6 months to 3 years. We have a permit with Pinal
County Animal Control that requires proof of all the above shots for us
to be able to board animals - no exceptions! Also note that if you have
to get any of the above shots close to boarding make sure it is at
least 7 days before you
drop off your pet(s) as it takes a while for the vaccine to get through a
pet's system and become effective. We require that you either email, text or fax proof of
vaccines to us in advance of your reservation to confirm you have the correct paperwork - just go
to contact page for info.
Items to bring when boarding:
- pet food (mandatory)
- cages for small pets and extra bedding (like birds & rodents)
- medications (if applicable) and what you give meds with (hotdogs, pill pockets, etc.)
- recent shot records (mandatory) - see above what vaccines are required
- collar or a harness on all dogs (required)
- payment when dropping off (in cash or check) - we can also accept credit cards but there will be a 3% fee added to your total
- bedding/small travel crate (optional) - we have large crates if needed
- treats and toys (optional) - no rawhides or meaty bones
Clients book their own reservations by following the steps listed below and clicking on the "schedule now" button. So make sure to read ALL instructions/steps! New clients also need to complete a questionnaire form. We will NOT hold a spot for you until you have booked a reservation AND completed the questionnaire.
NOTE: Only make a reservation if you know for sure you are going out of town and want to use our services. DO NOT book a reservation just to "tentatively hold" a spot that you know ahead of time you will more than likely cancel. This is a small facility and when you make a reservation with us a room is held just for your pets! Sometimes we get full and other clients that really needed our services get turned away - which is not fair to them. We understand that emergencies may occur that are beyond your control which would require cancellation.
Even though it is not required, you are welcome
to book an appointment to see the dog house before making a boarding
reservation. But just so you know you will not see anything different in
person than you would by watching the video above - so if you are going
to take the time to come we request that you bring your dog(s)
as well so we can meet them. We would also want to meet your dog(s) in advance if they are timid/scared/aggressive with strangers. Just follow the directions below for making appointments - and
choose "Boarding/overnights (Initial Consult for new client)" from the
list of services.
STEP 1: (new & existing clients): FIRST make sure you have current proof of the required
vaccinations for all pet(s) you want to board before making a reservation - the exact paperwork we require is listed above. Then continue with Steps 2 & 3.
STEP 2: How to make a reservation (new & existing clients): after you click on blue button below you will access our online calendar so that you can see what times are available. You will need to make an appointment for "drop off" and another appointment for "pick up" - that means 2 separate appointments. Choose the service that reflects how many and what kind of pets you have. New clients will be required to open an account with their contact info (make sure to provide a good number and email that you check on a regular basis!) - also make note of your password for future reservations. If you are needing boarding within 24 hrs you will need to text us instead. NOTE: the reservation MUST be booked by the OWNER of the pets - it CANNOT be done by a friend/family member.
Example for booking: you want to board 1 dog. First you will choose the service "Boarding/overnights (1 dog) DROP OFF TIME - then pick an available date & time for drop off. Next you will go back to the beginning and now choose the service "Boarding/overnights (1 dog) PICK UP TIME - and then pick an available date & time for pickup. Your reservation will NOT be confirmed until you have received an email from us that is titled "OPEN & READ! need to confirm". So make sure you provide an email address that you look at on a regular basis and a good cell number if we need to reach you! If you don't hear from us within 24 hrs please email/text us to check that we received your reservation.You will be required to open an account and create password when booking - make note of it for future access! Click on the button below to begin...
STEP 3: Complete questionnaire (new clients) - So that we can provide the best care for your pet(s) please click on "Questionnaire Form" below and complete online form (just type into the form that pops up and hit send). This is the care sheet for your pets so provide details! If you are a returning client, and none of your information has changed, then you do not need to complete form again. If it has been a few years since you last boarded we may request you complete form again so we have most current info. NOTE: the form MUST be completed by the OWNER of the pets - it CANNOT be done by friend/family member.
FAQs from clients:
1. How many dogs do you board? Will there be other dogs there while my dog(s) are boarded? - Yes there are always other dogs being boarded because this is all that we do. Our
average is 5 to 12 dogs at a time, but can be busier during the summer and Holidays.
2. Do you offer a crate-free facility? We try not to crate dogs as long as they are well-behaved.
But sometimes they act different in a strange environment than at home.
They can suffer from separation anxiety and try to get out of their
room or be destructive. In those situations we have to crate the dog.
The crates are very large and the dogs go outside multiple times during
the day. Being crated can also make the dog feel more safe and secure -
especially if they have been properly crate trained already. But if you
are adamant about not crating your dog if needed then we would not be
able to board them.
3. How far in advance do I need to book my reservation? - this is a small facility so book as soon as you know the dates. You can book up to a year in advance.
4. Do my dog(s) stay in their room all the time? - Yes except when they go outside for break times (which is at least 3x a
day). We keep multiple dogs at any given time and cannot let them all
have the run of the house. Plus the room they stay in is a FULL SIZE
bedroom. If your dog tends to bark a lot when shut in a room then our boarding home would not work for them.
5. How long do my dog(s) get to stay outside during break time? -
It really depends on the dog. Most of the time dogs do their business and then start scratching at the door. We don't leave them outside if they want to come back in. Especially if hot outside.
6. Do you live in the house where the dogs are boarded? Is there someone there 24/7? - No
we don't live there, we have a personal home next door where we sleep. We need to use all the bedrooms at the boarding home to spread
the dogs around, so they are not all crammed together in one room. We are
there most of the day, but when we are not, all the dogs are
secure inside their rooms. We also have it set up as a "smart" home with
cameras and sensors that notify us immediately if anything needs our attention.
7. What do you do in case of a health emergency with a pet? - We are certified in pet CPR and/or we will take them to the nearest 24 hour vet clinic (if your vet you normally use is not open). We will also try to reach you right away.
8. What if I want to pickup my pet(s) earlier than my scheduled appointment? - You
must call or text in advance to see if possible - do NOT just show
up! We might have other appointments at that time. Plus because this is a home in a
residential neighborhood our zoning permit with Pinal County does not like multiple cars arriving at same time - to control traffic in and out.
9. Your hours that clients can come are not convenient with my travel schedule - why can't I come during the hours 10:30 AM - 3:30 PM?
- there are a few reasons...(1) this is a private home (2) we let
clients come as early as 5:30am and as late as 10:30pm - local vet
clinics and Petsmart Hotel don't offer that (3) we work 7 days a week, 365 days/year,
including Holidays! So for all of the above reasons we need to block off some private time for ourselves.
10. Do you have references? - Yes we have several references from clients that you can see by going to the "testimonials/references" tab.
11. How long have you been pet sitting? - Since April 2007
Refund/Cancellation Policy: There are no partial refunds, even if you return early to pick up your pet. Boarding cancellations made without a 72 hour notice will result in a 30% cancellation fee based on total fee quoted to you - and 50% on Holidays. This fee also applies to "no shows". We are a small boarding facility and when you make a reservation with us a spot is held just for your pet(s). When we accept your appointment we inevitably turn away other clients looking for the same service - especially during Holidays and school breaks.
254 E. Ranch Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140
(Ranch is N of Pima - boarding home is the 1st one on the left)
For a larger map and directions CLICK HERE